Monday, January 31, 2011

The Happy Couple. First Wedding Topper

These toppers can be placed beside the Wedding cake. Smaller versions can be commissioned for on top.

Bride and Groom, they look a little like aliens at the moment but all that will change........... I promise!



I started to dress the bride, I had an idea what I wanted it to look like but by the time I finished the dress it looked nothing like the picture I had in my mind and sketched. I added small seed beads for detail over the bodice, around the bottom and on the back of the dress. She is armless but getting there.



Next it was the flowers, a bouquet of red and white roses.



Then on with the hair, hairstyles are not my strong point, never let me loose with a pair of scissors but with clay......... I don't think it looks too bad.



and here he comes ...............



A snazzy suit



No hands as yet, but not a problem.



All I have left to do is his hair. The bride has a carrier bag by her side and he is playing on his Wii with the controller in his hand and the console by his side. The people behind these two models are my eldest daughter and her soon to be husband. He is an avid game player, hence the controller and the Wii console and my daughter used to be an avid shopper who loved designer labels but now they are saving for the wedding she shops for bargains at Primark.

The finished happy couple, all ready for their big day.





I can build into any model, hobbies, occupations etc to add that little bit of humour and individuality.

Please drop me an email on claggybitz@yahoo.co.uk to discuss your needs and prices.

Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

HI Judith. These are absolutely brilliant. I love them. Looking at the workmanship in them you can see you are enjoying making them.
Keep up the good work.
Hugs
Debbie

erasercarver said...

They look absolutely fabulous, Judith!

InkyArtitude said...

I love the story behind the accesories, specially the Primark Carrier.... I think you should Primark a photo, you never know they may reward you with a gift voucher!
Well done Judith, they are superb.